Sheet Metal Mechanic
(please be detailed!)
|Performs modification of C-130 aircraft and major subassemblies. Must be able to:|
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown or engineering documentation and technical orders.
- Ability to work with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales.
- Perform difficult structural pick-up and rework such as removing, replacing or realigning ribs, longerons, bulkheads, stringers, or fittings in completed skinned assemblies
- Perform tasks utilizing tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, brake, drill press, and pneumatic riveter
- Perform such final assembly operations as pick-up and rework on structures and installation, installing shortages, and bringing up all items to latest engineering changes
- Complete installation of and fit such items as clamps, brackets, angles, longerons, supports, bulkheads, battery boxes, and component parts such as avionics equipment
- Perform trimming, milling operations, reforming and altering parts and structures as required. Fabricate detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, stiffeners, and patches
- Use shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as required.
|Minimum Requirements: |
(Education, years of experience, specific skills or tools, etc.)
|Certifications/License Requirements: (ie: A&P, Forklift, etc.)||FAA Airframe or Powerplant License a Plus!|
|Specific Physical Requirements (ie: stand, walk, stoop, etc)||In order to perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform repetitive movements, work overhead, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, twist, and work on or in the aircraft. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, and balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed to perform job tasks. The employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The candidate will be frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The candidate must be able to properly use, handle and dispose of hazardous materials, and toxic or caustic chemicals per Government regulations and company procedures. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, and outside weather conditions. The candidate is required to work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.|