Software Developer (PL/SQL)
|Location:||Morgantown, West Virginia|
Title: Software Developer
Client: Department of Energy
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
The individual filling this position will perform analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance activities for approved PeopleSoft software projects. The developer will communicate frequently with functional subject matter experts and technical staffs across multiple locations to gather requirements, increase understanding of business processes, provide technical support, and troubleshoot production application processes. Responsibilities will include maintenance of the existing HCM and CRM systems as well as the delivery of new functionality, with development activities being performed within the PeopleSoft user interface, underlying Oracle database, reporting tools, and data interfaces with external systems.
Additional specific tasks include:
- Participate in peer reviews and provide constructive feedback to the project team
- Follow all development processes and generate required life cycle documentation
- Provide project status reports and risks to the Development Lead
- Create ad-hoc reports for functional subject matter experts
- Evaluate impacts of federal policy mandates on the existing PeopleSoft HCM application
- Assess and estimate the level of effort required to complete maintenance activities or implement desired customer functionality
- Provide technical support for various ongoing or recurring DOE business processes, such as the DOE Mass Payroll Adjustments, the Federal Employee Health Benefit Open Season, the Secretary of Energy's time-to-hire initiative, and various reporting requirements mandated by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree (IT related field) and 2 years of practical experience in requirements gathering, programming and coding; or Associate Degree (IT related field) and 4 years of practical experience in requirements gathering, programming and coding; or 6 years of practical experience in requirements gathering, programming and coding.
- Experience with event-driven and object-oriented programming.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience utilizing SQL and/or PL/SQL to create user reports, develop ad-hoc queries, and troubleshoot/validate system data.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills with the ability to adapt skills to various analytical situations
- Strong and effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong desire to succeed in a very dynamic environment.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with Oracle 12x databases
- Familiarity with Office of Personnel Management (OPM) regulations pertaining to HR data.
- Experience with configuration management principles and practices.
- Experience with software development process models/standards such as CMMI, ITIL and ISO
- Experience with HTML.