|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
Position:- Solution Architect
Location:- Washington, DC
Should have 10+ years of experience in a technical environment and specialized expert knowledge in the areas of system design, engineering, and integration. Specialized experience and expertise include but are not limited to: 5+ years supervision and 10+ hands-on experience (and/or certifications) in direct execution of major efforts in the translation of a system, subsystem, program, project, or activity concept into a preliminary and detailed design, performing risk identification, analysis, and mitigation, and then the integration of the various components to a system/solution. The SSA role is to consult with the Enterprise Architect to prepare and provide design documents, analysis and solution roadmaps. The SSA experience, role and expertise should include but are not limited to:
* Developing road maps describing the evolution of all enterprise solution portfolios from current state to future state.
* Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project office to ensure alignment of migration plans and roadmaps with projects.
* Ensure that the solution delivery efforts and projects leverage all aspects of EA by EA layers, i.e. business, information and/or technology and via guidance at the enterprise solution architecture level across layers.
* Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as change requirements in other EA layers, to derive the enterprise solution architecture change requirements to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
* Define principles, models, and solution patterns to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
* Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the enterprise solution architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs.
* Ensure that all individual solution architecture design and analysis work is documented in a structured fashion aligned to the EA framework and is stored in a common place.
* Understand and advocate the principles of business and IT strategies, as well as of EA development and service delivery. Be prepared to "sell " the overall EA process, its outcome and ongoing results, and to lead the communication, marketing or educational activities needed to ensure enterprise solution architecture success and use.
* Coordinate and lead on relevant solution architecture governance activities and coordinate with all other types of architects (business/performance, data/information, security, technology and cloud).