What You'll Need
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain valid driver's license and good motor vehicle record.
- Performs a variety of project tasks and requires good communications skills with the ability to work with users diplomatically and skillfully.
- Exercises judgment and decision making in the diagnosis and resolution of computer hardware and software problems.
- May act as a lead worker in the Technical Support area coordinating efforts amongst other team members.
- Answer and record all phone calls directed to the help desk; maintain documentation records to log and track problems and resolutions as appropriate.
- Trouble-shoot and repair personal computer and peripheral equipment problems to the board, device or component levels as appropriate.
- Solve computer workstation problems following established policies and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate documentation records (both hardcopy and on-line).
- May develop procedures for the efficient operation of the help desk functions and participates in process improvement activities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
Proven experience in providing deskside support.
- Strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of help desk software, databases and hands-on support.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Microsoft Active Directory and SCCM experience required.
- Dell PC support experience required.
- Windows 7 and 10 experience required.
- ServiceNow experience is a bonus.
- Office 2016 Pro Plus experience is a bonus.
- Linux or Macintosh experience is a bonus.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.