Sr. Applications Developer
|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
Title: Applications Developer
Location: Washington, DC
Responsible for the enhancement and operation of 10 existing applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in daily standups, backlog refinements, and other ceremonies. You will play a key role on collaborative team projects, be responsible for the design and development of mission-critical, enterprise-scale business systems.
- Experience in Analyzing User Requirements --- Creating User Stories
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth expertise in SQL, PL/SQL.
- 5+ years of experience with Java development
- Co-ordination within team and across IT teams.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum development
- A BS/MS degree in Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent discipline.
- Desirable: Java Certification
Location: District of Columbia (Required), Currently we are working from home
- Help move our team to new technologies and tools
- Mentor other developers
- Develop enterprise-grade applications using Java J2EE, SQL, and Jdeveloper, among other tools.
- Create design documentation, program and test applications, and iterate through the project life cycle.
- Keep the database structured and clean with modern data management tools.
- Write scalable, secure, maintainable code that powers our clients' platforms.
- Build release support modules for all applications.
- Coding, testing, deploying and supporting fixes for existing applications.
Developing Applications in Java, SQL, PL/SQL modification, testing, and updating of programs for manipulation of source Data and reporting for all client applications.
Use of change management system for code changes.
Build release support modules for all client applications.
Coding, testing, deploying and supporting fixes for existing applications.
New application development is required to produce Web-based Oracle for supporting new agency initiatives.
- Maintenance and support of existing applications. Documentation to meet government wide and DOL standards.
- Development of Oracle ADF reports
- Implementation of Oracle portal technology for rapid application deployment.
- Ongoing development of standards for Web based applications.
Maintenance and development of documentation is required:
- Preparation of detailed technical specifications and standards.
- Maintaining configuration management documentation.
- Maintaining versioning control for documents.
- Maintaining applications documentation, including standard operating procedure documents.
- Maintaining and developing project service level agreements and project proposals.
Works closely with Project Managers and other members of the technical team and business users. Develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
Produce estimates including: expertise required, user interface required, sizing of development efforts, overall project schedule.