Sr. Java Developer
|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
Title: Sr. Java Developer
Location: Washington, DC
Position Type: Full-Time Position
· 5+ years of experience with Java development
· Coordination within team and across IT teams.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum development
· A BS/MS degree in Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent discipline.
· Desirable: Java Certification
· Analyze User Requirements and Create User Stories (Systems Analysis, Business Analysis)
· Develop enterprise-grade applications using Java J2EE, SQL, and Jdeveloper, among other tools.
· Create design documentation, program and test applications, and iterate through the project life cycle.
· Keep the database structured and clean with modern data management tools.
· Write scalable, secure, maintainable code that powers our clients' platforms.
· Build release support modules for all applications.
· Coding, testing, deploying and supporting fixes for existing applications.
· Help move our team to new technologies and tools
· Mentor other developers
Developing Applications in Java, SQL, PL/SQL modification, testing, and updating of programs for manipulation of source Data and reporting for all client applications.
Use of change management system for code changes. Build release support modules for all client applications. Coding, testing, deploying and supporting fixes for existing applications.
Maintenance and development of documentation is required:
1. Preparation of detailed technical specifications and standards.
2. Maintaining configuration management documentation.
3. Maintaining versioning control for documents.
4. Maintaining applications documentation, including standard operating procedure documents.
5. Maintaining and developing project service level agreements and project proposals.