Sr. Java Developer
Title: Sr. Java Developer
Location: Bethesda, MD
The Sr. Java Developer/programmer designs, develops tests and implements databases and web applications and supports the full SDLC in a multi-platform, complex system environment utilizing Web based Internet and Intranet architecture, Oracle database storage, and user interface design principles. In addition, the Sr. Java Developer/programmer designs and incorporates appropriate security and privacy measures in all software applications and IT projects in compliance with government policies, guidelines, standards and regulations.
· A strong experience with Java Struts, Hibernate and Servlets is must.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Apply business requirements analysis to develop software applications in a multi-platform, complex system environment,
· Apply structured requirements and data modeling techniques and methods as part of the system development life cycle,
· Develop and maintain web applications in a multi-platform, complex system environment,
· Apply an understanding of Internet/Intranet architecture and user interface design principles,
· Develop project schedules and coordinate the SDLC activities,
· Perform software development research, design, and other assignments in conformance and coordination with business analysis, network engineering, desktop support, and customer specifications,
· Use NIDA software development tools including but not limited to JAVA, ColdFusion, XML, HTML, JSP, ASP, TOAD, ORACLE.
· Perform other software development related duties as assigned.
· Integrate appropriate IT security into the SDLC and provide IT security support to the NIDA ISSO.
· Development and maintenance of database dictionaries,
· Overall monitoring of Database operation, standards and procedures,
· Integration of software and systems through database architecture and design,
· Provide or contribute to data design, metadata and repository creation,
· Translate business needs into long-term database architecture solutions,
· Define, design, and build dimensional databases,
· Develop and maintain appropriate programs, stored procedures, scripts and systems documentation.
· Production database and associated system support.
· Develop and write functional requirements to automate business processes.
· Must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills and be able to work independently.
· Meet all deadlines with high quality