|Function:||As a Sr. TE Design Engineer you will contribute to the design of Test Equipment to verify functional performance of flight controls used on military, commercial, and NASA vehicles. Collaboration with the project engineer will be key to developing the appropriate test equipment solution to satisfy the verification requirements of the hardware.|
|Essential job functions:||• Under the technical direction of the team's Project Engineer, contribute to the evolution of the conceptual design, project plan, detail design, and check-out and calibration of the Test Equipment to ensure proper verification of the hardware |
• Document designs, perform analyses, and deliver test results with accurate and concise reports
• Maintain currency with electronic technology, industry design requirements (Military, FAA, NASA, etc.), and modern design implementation and analysis tools
• Design linear / rotary, environmental test fixtures in support of development and production capabilities
• Coordinate with Design / Drafting to create design documentation of fabrication parts, sub-assemblies and test set-ups
• Deliver formal presentations to internal / external customers
• Represent Client in a manner consistent with its technical reputation
|Required skills:||• Experience with mechanical design in NX, tolerance stack-ups and familiarity with ANSYS |
• Self-starting instincts, an aptitude for creative synthesis, and the ability to utilize and quickly learn advanced design and/or analysis techniques.
• A basic knowledge of closed loop control systems, mechanical hardware design, and good communication skills are also desirable.
• Knowledge of configuration control and change management tools and processes (Enovia, JIRA, Doors etc.)
|Scope:||• Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering with ABET accreditation with 10 years of relevant experience or 5-7 with Masters |
• US Citizen