Sr Software Engineer 2
|***IDEAL experience level will be between 3-4 years up to 10 years and interested in potentially converting to a RC employee down the road***|
-candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents
-qualifying questions MUST be attached with resume for your candidate to be considered
-4 year degree in an applicable STEM field REQUIRED (computer engineering or electrical and computer science is preferred)
-MINIMUM of 3-4 years experience in embedded software development
-could be contract to hire for the right candidate
-security clearance is not required
Project: Develop an integrated inertial navigation system and flight control system for an unmanned aerial vehicle. This includes software for a board support package, framework, vehicle state estimation, autopilots and mission planning.
Videos of RCCT UAV flight tests:
Embedded UAV Controls Software Engineer
Client Control Technologies Inc (RCCT) is the premier developer and manufacturer of flight control, navigation, and electronic engine control systems, specializing in Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). Our success and rapid growth equal new opportunities for talented engineers to join our team. At RCCT you will work with enthusiastic and innovative business and technical professionals in a fast paced and positive environment. You will contribute directly to exciting projects on the cutting edge of controls technology. We are located in a beautiful un-congested area of Northern Virginia just 35 miles west of Washington, DC. Whether you prefer the city or the country, you will find easy access from our convenient location to all the region has to offer.
• Design, code, test, and provide ongoing support for embedded systems software to meet technological and customer requirements
• Define and analyze system software design requirements and write software requirements documents to meet defined and anticipated customer needs and system quality and performance standards
• Write software integration and test plans; conduct and lead software verification, testing and integration efforts to identify required modifications and ensure optimum system performance at delivery
• Collaborate with electrical engineers in planning, design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility
• Develop interface definitions in conjunction with design team and enforce interface control documents to record and validate system performance standards and results
• Lead and participate in software Design Reviews to ensure team progress against milestones are met and to maintain highest quality level within project schedules
• Serve as technical lead on projects as assigned, working with customers to meet deliverables and address and resolve technology or system issues
• Must demonstrate the ability to maintain professional demeanor at all times and under all circumstances; effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines; exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; strong customer service, quality, and team orientation; organizational skills and detail focus; self motivation, self direction, and able to work independently; and a commitment to continuous improvement of knowledge, skills and abilities
-Real Time Embedded Software, C/C++
-Windows Forms, GUI development, C#
-GreenHills Integrity and MULTI, uCOS, VectorCast C
-Control Systems/Inertial Navigation Systems/Engine Control
-Interfaces - Serial/CANBus/Ethernet/I2C
14362 Qualifying Questions
1. Do you have 3+ years of experience working with embedded software (including co-ops and internships)?
2. Do you have a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science?
3. Are you proficient in C?
5. Have you designed, implemented, and tested real time embedded software?
6. Have you written clear and concise software design documentation?
7. Have you designed and implemented object-oriented software?
8. Are you able to read electrical schematics?
9. Are you able to use an oscilloscope and a multi-meter?
10. Have you worked as part of a software team?
11. Are you proficient at debugging software/hardware issues?
12. Are you an exceptionally quick learner?
13. Do you pride yourself on attention to detail?
14. Do you have a great sense of responsibility for your work?
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
1. Have you developed software according to the DO-178B/C standard?
2. Have you tested software according to the DO-1787B/C standard?
3. Do you have experience developing software for NXP/Freescale PowerPC or TI OMAP?
4. Have you led or managed a software project? If so, briefly describe.
5. Have you performed timing analysis for devices on an address or serial bus?
6. Have you developed low level boot up software for a microcontroller?
7. Have you developed graphical user interface software?
8. Have you developed engine control software? If so, briefly describe.
9. Have you developed GPS or inertial navigation software? If so, briefly describe.
10. Have you developed flight control software? If so, briefly describe.
11. Are you proficient in an assembly language?