Sr Systems Engineer 2
|Location:||Cedar Rapids, IA, Iowa|
|Duration:||104 W, 5 D|
-Candidates can be US Citizens, Permanent Residents (green card holders) or Foreign Nationals with the legal right to work in the US.
-This position will be out of the Rockwell Collins Aircraft Certification Center at the Cedar Rapids Airport, but position will not be flying
-position is potentially contract to hire
-there may be some travel, but anticipated to be minimal
-all hours will be paid at the straight time rate, per FLSA
-submittal limit is 3 per supplier
Lead, with minimal supervision, avionic supplemental type certification (STC) projects. Responsibilities will include:
* Authoring STC certification plans, 14 CFR compliance checklists, instructions for continued airworthiness, ground test plans, flight test plans, electrical load reports, 14 CFR compliance reports, and weight/balance reports.
* Lead the integration of aircraft avionic systems by working with the respective business unit systems engineering team and the Aircraft Certification Center (Client) installation design team to define the aircraft level installation architecture and details required to meet the approved certification basis.
* Identifying, documenting, and communicating significant certification risks for timely review and resolution.
* Monitoring and reporting of aircraft installation design and substantiation data milestones and reporting status to project/program management.
* Ensuring all aircraft certification requirements are met resulting in successful STC issuance.
* 4 year STEM degree preferred, but not required
* Thorough working knowledge of Title 14 CFR Part 23, and 25
* Familiarity with Title 14 CFR Part 21, 43, 45, 91, 121, 135, and 183
* Thorough understanding of commercial avionics systems
* Experience in the preparation of certification plans, 14 CFR compliance checklists, instructions for continued airworthiness, ground test plans, flight test plans, electrical load reports, and weight/balance reports
* Understanding of the HIRF, Lightning, and EMC aspects of avionic system certification, preferred
* Prior or current FAA DER and/or FAA ODA UM (Systems and Equipment Electrical) experience, preferred