Sr Systems Engineer 2
|Location:||Cedar Rapids, Iowa|
-candidates must be US Citizens
-clearance is NOT required!
-4 year STEM degree is required!
-there is no travel anticipated
-the intention is contract to hire for the right candidate. the manager will look at candidates that may not have as much experience/knowledge that they can train and grow into the position
-qualifying questions MUST be attached with resume for your candidate to be considered!
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Basic circuit analysis knowledge is required.
* Ability to read schematics and BOMS
* Basic knowledge of reliability techniques (RA's and FMEA's)
* Knowledge of writing technical reports
1. Knowledge of MIL-STD-882E (DoD System Safety Standard Practice) and SAE ARP 4761 (Civil Aviation Safety Assessment Guidelines / Methods)
2. Prior experience applying MIL-STD-882E and/or SAE ARP 4761 System Safety assessment techniques in the design of safety-critical products, preferrably for military end-users.
3. Prior experience in the creation of Fault Tree Analyses and use of fault tree tools.
4. Familiarity with change management and requirements management tools
5. Familiarity with typical Reliability Engineering reports (e.g. Failure Modes Effects Analysis) and primary factors defining their suitability for use in safety assessments
6. A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools is highly desirable.
This position requires an individual that can perform with minimal direct supervisory support. As such the candidate must be highly motivated and a self-starter. The ability to coordinate several projects and complex engineering activities while balancing priorities and schedules is a must.
Pilot training / flight experience is a plus, as is a practical knowledge of physics relevant to physical equipment hazards.
QUALIFYING QUESTIONS (14269) - a response of No experience may be acceptable on some questions.
- Do you have a bachelor's degree in applicable engineering or science field, and six years of related experience?
- This position is in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Do you live in the area or are you willing to relocate to Cedar Rapids, Iowa?
- Do you have the ability to obtain an active DoD Security Clearance?