SUMMER HIGHWAY SEASONAL
Summer Highway Seasonal
The position performs a variety of functions related to highway operations and maintenance including patching pavement, crack filling, removing debris, brushing, litter pick up, operating mowing equipment, routine mechanical maintenance on mowing equipment, traffic control, lawn care, cleaning shop and equipment and other routine labor work. Regular attendance and punctuality along with being prepared to commence work at designated work locations, on the assigned or scheduled days and hours is expected
- Performing routine road maintenance activities.
- Performing lawn care and other routine landscaping activities.
- Use of hand and power tools, shovels, rakes, saws, etc.
- Performs routine shop and/or equipment cleaning activities.
- Clean radiator screens.
- Keep equipment clean wash/wax.
- Performs routine maintenance such as greasing, maintaining fluid levels, and changing of mowing blades on equipment.
- Change and/or sharpen blades / clean mower deck / change belts. Change oil and grease. Change light bulbs.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Experience operating various lawn maintenance gas powered equipment such as push-mower and gas, powered trimmer
- Current valid driver's license required.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to operate small tractors and mowing equipment.
- Ability to operate riding lawn mowers with hydrostatic drive.
- Knowledge of operating hand held communication radios.
- Ability to operate a variety of small equipment for routine road maintenance
- Ability to read, comprehend, and communicate, both verbally and in writing as well as effectively administer by written, and verbal communications.
- Ability to use tact and courtesy in maintaining an effective working relationship with department employees, county supervisors, county officials, and general public.