System Administrator 3
Estimated Start Date: November 26, 2018
Estimated Completion Date: November 25, 2019
Estimated Total Hours: 2080 hrs./40 hours wk.
Location: Boise, ID
Agency Project Scope (Description of Work Needed - Additional background check requirements are to be added here:
Requires a System Administrator 3 (SA3) to support and administer middleware applications used to support the Child Support and IBES Suite of Applications while conforming to established standards and procedures. This position will be reporting through the Information Technology Services (ITSD). ITSD is responsible for designing, developing, and delivering the systems and software necessary to support the Division of Welfare's business objectives.
This position is primarily responsibility is to support the Sprint team needs and Operation's needs:
- Middleware Software Support - JBOSS, Apache / Jboss Mod_Cluster, Mule ESB, SonarQube, JIRA, Active MQ/AMQ, JRebel Licensing, AppDynamics monitoring, QAS Pro Web, Adobe Livecycle ES4, Adobe Experience Manager, TomCat, WSO2 Identity Server and API Manager
- Source Control (Subversion repository) and access management
- Continuous Delivery (CD) and Continuous Integration (CI) through Jenkins
- Puppet Configuration changes
- Siteminder Changes and Deployment
- Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management - OnCall, Release Support, Triaging, Monitoring, Rectification.
This position would jointly be responsible for server maintenance, back up and security, along with performance tuning and capacity planning for all the VMs having the aforementioned Middleware Software. System Administrators should possess an understanding of network and distributed computing concepts.
This project is being developed using the Scrum (Agile) development methodology.
Agency Expected Deliverables
Experience: Six plus years of experience
* Provide subject matter expertise around specific middleware and web technologies.
* Is responsible for -- installation, configuration, support, performance tuning, and maintenance of the enterprise middleware environments.
* This position must understand the architecture and design, high availability concepts, load balancers, clustering, networking, operating system concepts, databases, continuous integration, and firewalls.
* This position is completely hands-on and is expected to understand all the solution components and how they inter-operate to support business processes.
* Identify changes needed in the Middleware infrastructure configuration to achieve the technology organization goals.
* Manage effective issue identification and resolution process; serve as the focal point for resolving middleware infrastructure-related issues
Specific Skills Required (Programming languages, databases, operating systems, etc.)
Strong JBoss experience and troubleshooting ability is a must.
The list of skills that a Middleware Engineer or specific System Administrator may be required to utilize over the course of this role in implementing and supporting enterprise middleware solutions in one or more of the following areas:
* Experience supporting middleware components like web servers [Apache 2.x], application servers [Red Hat JBoss EAP 6.x, EAP 7.x, and Tomcat 5.x, 7.x], and messaging middleware like JMS.
* Experience supporting Mule ESB
* Experience supporting Asynchronous MOM solutions like Active MQ etc.
* Experience supporting Code Quality Software like SonarQube
* Experience in tools like JIRA, Jenkins
* Experience supporting Windows Developer Appliance running ant, maven, gradle builds for different Java/J2EE Applications.
* Experience with Access/Identity Management Solutions like SiteMinder and WSO2 Identity Server 5.0
* Experience with Authoring and Publishing tools like Adobe Livecycle ES4 and Adobe Experience Manager 6.2
* Development background with experience in Java and Web Services.
* Experience working on OS platforms like CentOS (must), WINDOWS etc.
* Strong ability to participate in design sessions and collaborate with Architects, Technical SMEs (Senior Engineers/Developers), and Operations Teams.
* Experience of using SOAP UI for Webservice Testing with jks and SSL Certificates - ability to create jks from SSL certificates and test with SOAP UI.
* Knowledge of Puppet for server configuration management
* Knowledge of Gitlab, Docker and Kubernetes (Openshift)
* Knowledge of configuring WSO2 API Manager
The system administrator role will be part of Middleware Operations and Support team. This role will be heavily involved in the day to day operations. Duties will include:
* Troubleshooting production issues as it relates to the middleware solutions.
* Source control administration (branching, merging and rollback) using Subversion as the source control tool
* Managing daily automated and manual application build and development jobs using Jenkins
* Providing after hours support to provide implementation support.
* Providing On-Call support as needed.
What we are looking for is a strong technical contributor who can quickly come up to speed on our existing system functionality, application infrastructure, both from a hardware and software perspective. The candidate filling this position must able to work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Experience working with government agencies would be advantageous but is not