Web Applications Security Engineer
|Location:||RTP, North Carolina|
The responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Deploying and configuring application security systems like Web App Firewalls.
- Experience working with the web and application security logs (such as syslogs, apache logs)
- Understanding of Web application security (OWASP)
- Develop solutions to accommodate new event sources, automate event analysis, and correlate events for investigations
- Perform online troubleshooting, upgrades, and break/fix
- Automate routine tasks
- Produce high-quality documentation
- Coordinate with teams to resolve issues, including escalation and tracking
- Build relationships with clients and partner security teams to understand and develop requirements.
- Evaluate Cisco, 3rd party, and open source security products and solutions
- Collaborate on the design and implementation planning for threat management systems deployed on the global Cisco network.
- Relevant Technologies
- The following technologies are in scope for the position.
- ModSecurity Web App Firewall
- AWS WAF
- Scripting using regular expressions
- VMWare and other virtualization stacks
- Familiarity with cloud solutions (AWS, Google, Azure)
- The following skills and competencies are required for the position:
- BS/MS in computer science or related degree and 5+ years of experience
- Broad knowledge and experience in the various domains of information technology.
- Strong experience with a wide variety of security technologies
- Experience in network design and support with a thorough understanding of TCP/IP and common protocols.
- Working knowledge of the Linux and Windows platforms, and enterprise systems administration practices.
- Demonstrated experience in technology solution design and deployment
- Strong problem resolution/analytical skills required to understand complex system interactions.
- Strong work prioritization, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong listening, communication (verbal and written) and relationship building skills.
- Strong documentation skills with attention to detail.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal oversight throughout the entire lifecycle of a project.
- In addition to the above requirements, the ideal candidate will also possess one or more of the following competencies:
- Technical and/or Security Certifications, such as CCNA, CCDA, CCIE, CISSP
- Proficient UNIX/Linux systems administrator
- Ability to develop automation scripts using Perl, Python, or shell