|Location:||Kansas City, Missouri|
Title: WebSphere Administrator
Client: Federal Agency
Location: Kansas City, MO 64152
Position Type: Full-Time
Minimum of Secret Clearance OR Willing to take Clearance
Work Authorization- US Citizen
The WebSphere Administrator should be able to design documentation, build, automate with limited oversight, support, manage, and optimize new and existing applications and associated software.
Soft skills as well as technical skills are critical in the position of a Middleware Administrator. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. The Middleware Administrator will work closely with other technology teams troubleshooting customer issues
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The WebSphere Administrator will be responsible for the design documentation, build, automation with limited oversight, support, management, and optimization of Middleware applications, such as Web Server software (IIS, Apache) and Application Server software (Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Citrix XenApp), on Windows Servers.
- Proficient with Middleware applications and Windows Server 2016 in general.
- Hands-on experience with application implementation process to include base OS functionality, OS build, web hosting services, and application performance understanding
- Experience with Web Server software (IIS, Apache) and Application Server software (Citrix Suite, Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Citrix XenApp).
- Experience with scripting/programming in language such as, but not limited to: Bash, Batch, PowerShell, .NET, Java, C++, etc.
- Experience in implementing security, compliance and auditing of Middleware applications running on Windows Servers.
- Web Server software: IIS (preferred), Apache.
- Application Server software: IBM WebSphere (preferred), Oracle WebLogic, Citrix XenApp.